Saturday, September 10, 2011

NEEDLEPOINT PICTURE

When we were still living in Kansas City I decided I to do a needlepoint picture of our home at 121 W. 61st terr. First I took a photograph of the house to use as reference. Then I took a piece of typing paper and folded it twice to determine the center width and length, and drew a picture of the house the size I wanted for the frame. Next  I took a piece of graph paper folded twice to get the center and drew  the house on it starting at the center using my drawn picture as my guide.  I matched wool yarn colors  to the photo colors, determined the center of the needlepoint canvas and started there using  a continental stitch.  I took it and had it stretched and framed then, but would probably do it myself now. Great fun, and a real Keepsake!

No comments: