Tuesday, April 21, 2020

THE STORY OF HOW WE BUILT OUR RANCH HOUSE IN ART JOURNAL FORM!

This May 21st our home will be 44 years old.  I think it's goin' stand!

I've been anxious to get this story told and illustrated in my journal! Finally made it!

And this is how it all come about!

Sister Judy said it is much easier for those that look at my blog on their phones to show the single pages. So that's why I doing this!

I sure didn't do us any favors with this drawing!

I tried to find where I had put our blue prints and couldn't so had to go thru the house and draw them again!

Our cabin was used for a milk barn after we moved down, also a chicken house, had turkeys and pigs too! Then it was cleaned out and disinfected good and finished a little for a bachelor pad for son John when he became disabled and then the best of all it became a Precious Mom's Cottage. Alas the floor is falling in now so I can't use it! And the cabin that was built for Mother & Daddy was later sold and ended up burning to the ground!

As you see we took the wall out between the back bedroom and pool room and now that is my Art Studio/T.V. Room

 Maurice was 39 yr's old, Maurice's Dad was 79 and Uncle Earl his brother was 80 yr's old at this time! P.S. I have correct the journal to say: In the new year of 1975!

I got in on some of those delicious meals sometimes!

I gathered almost all the light fixtures and enough bricks to brick in our entry/hall. Many of them have the brick yard name on them.

I really missed city life for a good while, and still like to go back every now and then. But for now I like the quiet rural living and this beautiful home built with LOVE!

"A pleasure is not full grown until it is remembered" C.S. Lewis

44 years May 21, 2020

Home Sweet Home may it ever be so humble, there's no place like Home!

Quarantine Days are just more time to do the things we love!

Walking


Playing the keyboard.

And Piano, solos and duets! Hope your days are full of pleasures too!

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

The Building of a Home... whether from the ground up or moving in and putting our personal touches upon it, is one of the real Joys of Life! The Man and I in our Younger Years were avid DIY types and liked a Challenge, now, when Purchasing Forever Boheme', I looked for something Turn Key where someone else had done all the hard Work since we just weren't up to it anymore and couldn't outlay an expense of huge Renovation or Restoration now. Looks like you're thoroughly enjoying the Simple Joys while in Lock Down... Be Well and Stay Safe!