Wednesday, January 13, 2016

SHINE!

My blog friend Mary Lou Weidman of  "Mary Lou and Whimsy Too" had a cute sun quilt block that got my juices flowin! So I'm been making all kinds. I will mount them on cardboard and maybe embroidery the word "SHINE" on them and then share them around

This is how the project started! But the pile (piles) have grown considerably!

I started out with the lager size

But am enjoying the smaller size now!

I am hand appliqueing these!

More material ready!

The kitchen Chandelier is ready for valentines Day! I have red lights up there too, I see I need to hide the orange ones!
Decided I use Chickens & Birds on my Shelf since I had mad a new Bird Hanging for the Refrigerator.

I did this painting a couple of years ago while we were staying in a delightful Log Cabin in Augusta, Mo.

I had set this pot of "Paper Whites" to the back of the flowers after it bloomed last year and forgot about it  until a few days ago when I  decided I would water it. And lo and behold it started sending up shots right after that!

The Raggedy's have a timely message for you!

Great Grandson Eli spent the night recently and was sporting his new glow in the dark PJ's from his Grandma in Hawaii! Grandpa tells Tasha all the time she's got the best seat in the house! My (Our) project for this year is to refinish our old wide board floors. After 40+ years they are needing it! Hope your doing well and enjoying what ever season you are in! You might enjoy my other blog too: www.preciouscottageblogspot.com 

2 comments:

Melody said...

So many lovely things in this post. Love those little blocks shining out.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness your sunshine quilt squares are adorable! Your wood floors look perfect to me....People would kill for them...Man, redoing them will be a ton of work, but I bet they will look gorgeous when they are done!

Carol