Monday, December 28, 2015

BACK TO CREATING!

Normally my first project after Christmas is to catch up on the ironing. But "wonder of wonders" I was caught up! So creating being my most favorite thing to do in the world I decided to make a Folk Art Bird Hanging for the refrigerator to replace the  Folk Art Christmas Tree Hanging that's up there now.

I even had to piece the black background in order to have a big enough piece! "Where there's a Will there's a Way"  is my style!

One of my chicken combs was bothering me!

So took a little piece of old red binding and re-worked it! I like it much better!

Maurice wanted to give me my gift first Christmas Day along with a little part serious part humorous speech!

We had picked it out together so I was very excited!

It's the beautiful Eternity Ring on my middle finger! I just love it!

Maurice was wanting a new watch so we picked this one out for him!

I was surprised and so happy to receive cards and notes from two of my blog friends: Susan Gannon and Linda Michael. I enjoy and treasure the friendship I have with my blog friends, often praying for them and their's as they go through the stresses of life. It's not the same but I remember Mother saying once she found herself praying for some of the people in the Novel she was reading at the time!

Thought I'd share the new pictures I have of our Great Grandsons! This is Eli 4 1/2. He livess with his momma (grand daughter Jackie) in Garden City too, so we get to see him often.

And out newest little great grandson Liam ( almost 4 months). He was adopted at birth by Steven and Cassie (Grand Daughter) . They live in Layton, Utah

My friend Karen got me my 8th Jim Shore Folk Art Santa again this year for Christmas! I just love using them on our Christmas Tables!

Our  great room ceiling light is one of my favorite decorations too, but I don't take a picture of it often! I can dim the light for great ambiance!

After sister Judy's 2 surgeries and visiting grandkids and doggie and extra activities during this Christmas Season we all did some extra napping!  Wishing you and yours a Very Happy, Healthy, Satisfying New Year!  You might enjoy checking out my 2nd blog: www.preciouscottageblogspot.com also 

1 comment:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness, so much going on! I love your new ring....Lucky girl and your grandbabies are adorable! I can't believe you are already back to crafting...I can't wait until I can get the Christmas decor down and I can get back to it...Happy New Year

Carol