Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WHAT A CHEERFUL SURPRISE!!

It was just an ordinary day until my husband came in from the mailbox and said: "Here you might be interested in this"!

Here was this cheerful envelope, from a person I did not recognize, and when I opened it I was blown away! There was the most precious Flower Pin made out of pieces of sweaters in my favorite colors, and a delightful letter from my "new" blog friend Susan Gannon.

I immediately put in on my sweater to wear to my art league meeting that night. It was a hit Susan!. I tried to send her a e-mail twice but it wouldn't go thru so sent a card and told her I would sure show it off on my next post It made me feel so loved! Thank you again Susan!

5 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Oh Wow! Susan really made a pin that was "spot on" for you! You look great in your new pin and your cute red shoes!
Making new friends through blogging is so much fun.
Have a great day, Marlynne!
Erica :)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Well how very thoughtful of her, and the pin is just beautiful. Meeting wonderful people is my favorite part of blogging.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Aren't bloggers the nicest people! That was perfect for your red sweater, I can see why it was a hit at your art league!

Carol

Jen said...

Marlynne what a lovely idea such a pretty pin. It looks lovely on you.
It is special to have our blogging friends.

Vicki Boster said...

Marlynne- it's always wonderful to get surprises:)

The flower pin is truly a lovely gift-- looks so pretty on your sweater!! Love that it was made from an old sweater-- new life for the wool in such a beautiful way!

Vicki