Tuesday, January 21, 2020

KEEPING WARM WITH OUR NEW GAS STOVE!

Our little doggie "Tasha" is sure enjoying our new gas stove too!. It seems like the stove is on a 30 min. cycle. 15 min.'s on and 15 min.'s off.
Jason, one of our favorite young men got our old wood stove for his workshop. He needed help for sure as it weighed about 600 lbs!
My latest handwork project for evening/T.V. time is a Vintage Neck Shaw. I am making roses out of old hankies adding old button centers and Old Millinery Black Velvet leaves.
It's a Friendship Scarf too as the buttons, scarf and hankies all have come from friends or donated for charity.

This pretty scarf came from special friend Linda F.!

I found this pretty lace scarf at the thrift store which adds a pretty layer I think! Will show the finished product next time.

My Christmas pot of Paper-whites from friend Hope is blooming and fragrancing my art/work table!

I'm enjoying my Valentine Decorations. Always put them up as I take down Christmas so I still happy pretty bright happy decorations to enjoy!

Kitchen Table for Valentines!

I've been thinking I'd start walking again but felt I needed something to keep me straighter with my bad back/hip. So Maurice made me a walking stick and it really does help!

Most of the time I will walk at the Mall. I am aiming for 3 times a week.

Found this fun colorful top at the thrift store and had fun wearing it to church. The church folk never know what I'm going to wear next! They seem to enjoy my outfits!

My friend Rose Marie whispered to me as she followed me into the choir loft:"I feel  like I'm following the bride down the aisle"! lol!

Got  this basic outfit last week. I will be able to use the different pieces a lot of ways!

Our youngest Great-Grandson Liam sent us this sweet  Refrig. Art and picture.

This is his preschool 4 yr, old picture. So Sweet!

Our youngest grandson Davey surprised us with a package. He got grandpa and his Dad a book.

And me a Copper Bracelet, Turquoise ring and sweet little treasure box!

I decided to re-read Jan Karon's "A New Song" after some of my Facebook friends said that was their favorite one of the Mitford Series. Loving it and copying quotes just as much the second time as the first!! I read this some at noon and after I get in bed at night.

This is a very good study book which I am trying to read a chapter each morning after my Bible Readings and Pray time (which I write like journaling to keep my mind from wandering as suggested by former pastor J.P. Williams)

Going to need to make some more different Cardinal magnets as they seem to be the most popular!

This painting"Grandma's Kitchen-Makin Cookies" is displayed at Dr Travis's Office in Harrisonville this quarter. We put this kitchen flooring down when we built because we had just used  it in our city house before we sold and liked it a lot! We recently replaced our wood stove pictured here with our new Gas stove. So this picture holds a lot of memories!

These 3 Sock Monkey pictures are displayed at The Community Center in Harrisonville.

I have a collection of 25 Sock Monkeys and used some of them in these paintings.

Have this Homemade Cardboard Hobby Horse and chair too!
Hope you are having some fun days too like these little guys! Blessings Friends and Family in 2020!

1 comment:

marilyn said...

Can’t wait to see that finished shawl. If you need more hankies, I have hundreds of them. Just let me know. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Marilyn in Rhode Island