Saturday, September 13, 2014

FUN STUFF FROM A 19 DAY 2,054 MILE VACATION

 "EYE CANDY" Made these little pin wheels while traveling. Enough for 3 big pickle jars! I just love them!

Antiquing is so fun while traveling!  Plan on using the canisters in my Art Studio for storage with lids on or off!

Red and Yellow turn me on! I can hardly ever resist!

Here's how I travel with handwork on my lap workin away!

Quilting Shop Hopping was as much fun as Antiquing. Here is my combined stash from the trip!

I took buttons but gathered more along the way!

This was such a cute idea for little gifts! Selection of fabric pieces; probably like fat quarter size, in pint jars with bow!

Quilt shops are so cute anymore!

Started my collection of cigar boxes!

I enjoyed my visit here so much! Bought a lot too!

Such a cute wooden Cherry Garland! It's on my to do list for sure!

Talk about "Eye Candy"!  This is where I bought my tiles in Santa Fe.

Could have stayed here a lot longer and spent a lot more money!

Breath Taking!

Fabrics I bought from one shop!

My Cousin Florence's Sun Bonnet Sue Wall Hanging which inspired me to make my own!

I drew off a pattern from hers and have got this far so far!

Have these left to do  plus the embroidery work and rickrack trim

My fabulous tiles from Santa Fe!

Really sharp Southwest Wall Hanging!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a most colorful post, my eyeballs kind of hurt now, LOL
I love those jars filled with your yo-yos! what a great thing to make while on the road. I usually just knit buy YOU are using like a real needle -- bravo!
Peace~
Dawn

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Awesome trip, fun and finds! I do all manner of handwork as well and yo-yos (pinwheels), too. My husband bought me a vintage yo-yo quilt (3,000+ yo-yos in it!) last year and it have actually separated it to make to foot-of-the-bed throws for two beds, plus I plan to make myself a vest with the rest of them.

Can't wait to see how you use your yo-yos!

Hugs and happy week,
Kelley~

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Your yo yo's are adorable, I wish I could do crafts while riding, but my stomach won't have it. The sun bonnet Sues are soooo cute. You had a great rode trip...So fun!

Carol

Bridget said...

Glad you liked Thread Bear, our local quilting and yarn shop! I am so glad to have met you and love your blog.

donna said...

Oh my gosh! Looks like you had a blast. So much eye candy, I am gaining weight. LOL!
Hugs
donna