Wednesday, April 2, 2014

SPRING OUTING WITH "THE GO GO GIRLS"

Some of us have been together for over 40 years! We try to plan an outing every two months. This time we were needing to feel "Spring" so went to Suburban Greenhouse in southern part of K.C..The fragrance was almost overwhelming!

"Jack Stack Barbecue" was our restaurant choice for the day!

We were celebrating 2 birthdays so they surprised us with  2  plates of Chocolate Brownie Ala mode and seven spoons, Yum!

I really got carried away there were so many pretty things! This is my new big summer flag I bought for our backyard..

And the new little one to complement it!

I had been wanting one of these wired moss mats, and there they were for $1.99 so I bought two!

So Of course !1 needed this little fairy and baby tears to set on it!

This was the prettiest bronze pansy! Had to have it too!

Every other month my friend "Hope" and I go to one to of the local Health Care Facilities to do art with them. This time we painted  Flags on pastel cotton  to hang in there rooms or on there walkers. I made headers for them and went back after they were dry and inserted a small dowel with string for hanging.

This is Hope cleaning up. I forgot to take pictures while all  ten or twelve of them were painting!

This is me laying them out to dry.

"Glorious Spring" is my latest painting. I have it setting out and living with it for a few days to see if I want to add or change anything before I hang it! Happy Spring! I invite you like always to visit my 2nd blog: www.preciouscottage.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Hi Marlynne!
Well of course as always I love your newest painting! It's so cheerful!
I'm so glad you got a chance to have an outing with your friends, and it looks like you brought home so many fun things! I've always loved those moss mats. And I absolutely love baby tears, but somehow I always kill them.
Happy Spring to you, my friend!
Erica :)

Nanna said...

love the spring flowers painting! looks like you had a great time with friends!
Helen