Saturday, May 18, 2013

PINWHEEL FLOWERS IN THRIFT STORE FIND+ MORE

Got this littlle salt shaker for $0.50 and decided it needed fabric flowers!
Doesn't it look cute on my little red shelf I got at Donna's Vintage Daze Antiques in Tipton, Mo. One of my favorite places to shop when going on a trip that direction. I covered the three old spools with fabric also. The little trike picture I painted on a piece of wood a couple of years ago. And my little Art Flower Car is a favorite too!
Here is how I started.
This little bird is close to the back door, which is the door evetybody uses!
Red and Yellow my favorite colors especially  when used together! I've made lots of wood Folk art Flowers,
This back of the porch will look so much better when we get it stained and the guttering up and trim painted! I hang this painting here every summer, it weathers great under the overhang!  When the guttering gets up then  the ground cover will move on back towards the wall and fill that bare area up too!


I put this picture on my Marlynne Folk Artist Facebook Site and said: Marlynne Marlynne Folk Art Baron(s)  How does your garden grow?  With Metal Flowers in Iron Bed Towers and Multi-Colors  all a-glow.
After all my trees got cut down in this corner (we won't go into why!) I was looking for some wooden fence  to kind  of make a  little private corner again and I found just what I wanted at Vintage Daze in Tipton, Mo. again!  Love You Donna and your shop! Look her up ! she's right on 50 hwy.


6 comments:

Marlynne said...

P.S. My Metal Flowers came from Donna's at Vintage Daze Also!

Unknown said...

Very fun Garden bed Marlynne, love your folk art tulips too! Have a great garden season!
Hugs Marilou

Unknown said...

Marlynne I just love your style!!! It mafes me so happy to see my treasures so loved!!! Can't.wait to actually make it your way and see everything first hand!!!

Unknown said...

Marlynne I just love your style!!! It mafes me so happy to see my treasures so loved!!! Can't.wait to actually make it your way and see everything first hand!!!

ImagiMeri said...

Love those flowers Marlynne, and I only dream of having a backyard like yours here in the desert. Have you used any of the art goodies I sent yet?

Hugs,
Meri

bois-fleurie said...

Sorry not to have replied befor.SOmetimes I let paint dry completly and then do another layer.This layer I might leave not quite dry and paint over part of it,this makes more colours.I did
spend alot of days on it and there are countless layers.Usually when paint I just kep going until it seems right.Sometime I completly cover a painting because it seems hopeless,put it aside for a week.or two then start again.Thanks for your interest jill