Friday, April 26, 2013

AUGUSTA, MISSOURI 11TH PLEIN AIR PAINTING FESTIVAL


  Back again to the Weinstrasse Cabins, our 4th year!  Hope & I have got our banners up to say  the Artists are back again!.
Maurice my husband is our faithful chauffeur each year. He gets a lot of reading and walking in as well as enjoying the lavish socials the winery's provide!
   

We had hot air balloons to paint one morning!

Many artists were out at 6:00 A.M. to paint them! Not us!
While Hope and I painted Maurice enjoyed himself!
I painted this pot of pinks adding my own tablecloth idea!
I painted this couple at one of the Wineries. I called it "Hope Springs Eternal" I'm not quite finished with it so will show later.
We looked forward to a stop at this German Bakery on the way home.

Hope painting hanging flower baskets.
This is my painting inspired by a setting inside Stone Ledge Antiques.
Folks enjoying the sun for a change! 
We enjoyed beautiful slow jazz (My favorite) while enjoying a lovely meal.
 Our favorite place for morning coffee when it wasn't to cold that is!

Painting inside on one of our rainy days.
Got to make this sign to hang under my mail box!
.

5 comments:

Melody said...

Wow, such a gorgeous location.

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I like your painting with the addition of the polka dots better than the original photo! Good job, love it! I am partial to pink and to polka dots, so I am a little bit biased!!!
Hugs,
Julie

lynn cockrell said...

Looks like you all had a restful and fun-filled trip. Your paintings look wonderful. Your husband seems like a good sport. Marlynne, thanks for sharing your trip with your followers!

jane said...

What an absolutely beautiful setting to create in!
Your paintings are lovely, the pink & yellow just grabbed me :)

Sandra Kaye said...

The painting you did was just wonderful Marlynne..just wonderful :):) Thanks for showing it to us:):)