Thursday, April 5, 2012

EASTER MEMORIES Painting of the 40's & 50's

Starting in the lower right corner I painted sister Judy and myself ( I'm 5yrs older) opening our Easter Baskets. Note we slept with  rollers in our hair all night so we would be "pretty" for Church  In the center my family is going to Church (I'm in the poka dots) to the right is Maurice's family (he is in the tan jacket). And ceter back is our home church, Benton Blvd. Baptist at 25th & Benton Blvd. in Kansas City, Mo. The building is still being used as a church. At the door is Kenny Lewis, as greeter.  After church we always went over to Aunt Esther's & Uncle Harold's for dinner and picture taking (upper left & center) my uncle was a professional photographer, so each family had their picture taken. The big family of Aunts, Uncles & Cousins more than filled up the tables.  In the afternoon, the kids got to hunt for eggs.(lower left).  at the center bottom I placed Maurice & myself at the young age of 18. The Easter before our wedding Maurice surprised me with a White Bible to carry down the aisle. In 2010  we celebrated our 55th Wedding Anniversary. We have raised a family of 3 sons and have added daughter in laws , six grandchildren and 1 greatgrandson.

1 comment:

molly said...

oh i love this.