Monday, January 23, 2012

BIG PINK TISSUE ROSES FOR CHURCH VALENTINE BANQUET

After dinner I started on this project. Got 12 done so far, so they take about 15 minutes per flower. Not bad.  I'll just keep making them every evening until we decide we have enough. Two other girls are doing them too! They are easy to make. Just take 2 sheets of tissue (I used 2 shades of pink) fold  in half longways and fold accordian or fan style in 1 1/2" strips. Trim off the folded end. Tie in the middle with a twistem and then pull apart the sheets carefully working around in a circle. And in  no time at all you have a flower! Yeah!

4 comments:

Sandra Kaye said...

The roses are just so sweet, and the doll house...oh my!!! I have always wanted to do a doll house....sigh..maybe one day!! Have a wonderful day!! Hugs

ellen gets crafty said...

These are really cute and will make a big Valentine statement at your church.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

LOVE the big PINK flowers!!! how many to go?

vicky said...

Still trying to leave a comment. You have so many creative ideas on your blog. The paper flowers look fun. Wish I had thought of that!