Friday, October 28, 2011

MY BUTTON TRADE QUILTIES ARRIVED!

I anxiously awaited the mailman and he brought my trade quilties today!  From top left to right are: "Angel With Crown" by "Queen Of Dreams" stephaniesuzanne.blogspot.com from Grt. Smokey Mts., Tennessee. Love It ! Did you hand dye the pink background? Next is "Boys Will Be Boys" by Kay Hocking in far away Melbbourne, Australia. http://www.shockinghocking.blogspot.com/.  How Fun! What a clever idea even using a mans business shirt and suit! And lastly "Pink Snail" by Kathy Grant again from Australia, Tasmania! Very interesting! The different materials, stitches and trim make for a cute and atttractive Quiltie! Thank You So Much For Making Our Trade A Fun Experience!   And now I'll be  looking forward to the Christmas Trade! 

4 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Marlynne,

I'm so glad you love my angel quiltie. I crocheted the angel and diecut the paper crown. I did not hand dye the wool. I bought it that way.

Drop by anytime!
Hugs,
Steph ♥

Sandra Kaye said...

Hi Marlynne, Yeah !! You got your quilties!! I will worry until I know they have all landed in their new homes safely. I enjoyed every quiltie that came. I had a hard time trying to decide what to keep. I wanted to keep them all :):) I cant wait for the Christmas trade!! Thank you for playing... Hugs Sandie

Shocking Hocking said...

hi Marlynne - thanks for your comments - I haven't done this before and I enjoyed the process. I haven't blogged about the 3 I made as yet - must do that as I know the 3 coming to me are in the mail.

Looking through your blog - you're a very talented artist.

Cheers

Kathy said...

Hi Marlynne - so glad you liked my snail... all three of my quilties were inspired by my blog name - sew-happy house. Yours of course is a snails home! I have yet to receive my quilties, but am looking out for them eagerly. I love the quilties that you made and am sure that whoever receives them will be thrilled.
Cheers from Australia