Sunday, November 3, 2019

LONG COLD NIGHTS MARK NOVEMBER'S RETURN.

This year we are celebrating Thanksgiving a couple of weeks early (like the Canadians do.) I've always wanted to do this to give us more time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. But we have a special reason this year! The first visit of a granddaughter and her husband and family that we never knew we had! So the Table is set for 18 of us.


I have enjoyed re-reading the November Chapter of Gladys Taber's  Still Cove Book. and  Fall stories in her Stillmeadow Books She tells of walks shuffling thru the bronze oak leaves, grey rains, wind and flying snow. And getting ready for the family returning for the holidays.






I have been doing some painting gifts for friends lately and more for gifts that haven't been givin yet.












Sister Judy and I have continue to enjoy our Friday and Saturday outings together even though we have to sit down more often!


And of course eating out is always a big part of the fun!


We had our Annual T.O.P.S. Halloween Party here. Maurice and I dressed up but the others  declined!
I have been putting up Christmas decorations early too since I usually have the tree and mantel and outside done when the family comes for Thanksgiving as they don't come back for Christmas. But I will save those pictures plus our pictures from the granddaughter and family  gathering for next time. WISING YOU A HAPPY, FAMILY, FUN AND FOOD  FILLED NOVEMBER!

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

So how did the early Thanksgiving with Long Lost Family go Marlynne? I think that is a splendid Idea, perhaps a New Tradition and Ritual you might adopt? I think we'll be in the thick of a Move by Christmas if the City House comes thru with a Green Light so I've talked of delaying Christmas but Princess T is rather morose about that option so I just don't know how extensively I should or can Decorate and do the usual things that have become Beloved Family Traditions and Rituals? I've never moved during the Holidays, tho' when The Man was Active Duty we had many interrupted by his deployments during the Holiday Seasons... you adapt, you improvise, you do what feels right at the time. I think Princess T only having about 4 more years of Childhood makes it so that I feel obligated to make Holidays Special for her for the brief time she can enjoy them as a Child.